Monday, October 25, 2010

Four Months!


Well, that's another month in the books, friends!  We have been crazy busy.  In the last month we've taken a trip to Boston, watched LOTS of Texas Rangers baseball (both at the ballpark and on t.v.), had fun with friends at our respective Guys and Girls Nights Out and coordinated / participated in our Faith in Action service project.  On the work front, I also finished up our United Way fundraising campaign, worked on / participated in an  over-the-top team building day and voluteered on Global Volunteer Day at a senior center fall festival.  We also had a visit from my baby sister, which was tons of fun.

And speaking of family, meet my parents, Lolli and Poppi:


They are quite excited to celebrate with us another month on the Wait List.  Mom told me the other day that she is starting to dream about grandbabies.  How sweet is that?  Here's the answer: So Sweet!  I can't wait for them to be grandparents.  They're gonna rock.  I hate that we live so far away (we're in TX, they're in TN), but we're all going to have to make concerted efforts to see each other more than once or twice a year.  I grew up seeing my grandparents pretty often, and that's super important to me.  Maybe one day we'll move closer to home.  We have no plans to do that now, but who know what the future holds?  All I know is that the average wait for a referral is 8 months, so we're about half way there!!  How great is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are TOTALLY going to have your baby home in the summer. I have just accepted that we won't get our baby till like this time next year - sniff. But you've been on the list 2 months longer than us? I bet she's home before the rainy season!!

    We started the process at the same time but our dumb I171H took 13 weeks to get back!!

    ReplyDelete