The aprons were just your standard issue, white aprons to begin with. I cut off the straps that went around the neck and waist. I then cut about 6 inches off the bottom of the apons, so they would be shorter and more flirty. I made new straps for the neck, and much longer straps for the waist that came around and tied on the side. I made ruffles and sewed them around the bottom and sides; added a pocket to the front; and added the initial to the front, which was a dyeable iron-on. In all, I spent over 15 hours working on this project, but it was so worth it, not only because we won, but because I had never tried to do anything nearly as complicated as this, and it turned out to be not very difficult.
Oh yeah, in our pockets, we had little cards with our team name on it. Just your basic scrapbook paper and stickers:
Overall, we had a great day and it was so fun to see how different the cakes turned out. Here are our cakes:
This was our "Rule" cake (i.e., it had to follow certian rules)
And this was our "freestyle" cake. Totally nasty.
Here are the other teams' cakes...
Don't Mess With Texas and a Butterfly
Texas Rangers Baseball inspired cakes
The Queens of Cake cakes
I'm blessed to work with such a great group of people. We've all worked together for so long, it's like we're family, which has it's ups and downs, but I wouldn't have it any other way.