Well, I recently found the mother-load of Gladney blogs on the Gladney website. As I was looking around, I stumbled upon this family. They have been home with their two-year-old twin boys for a couple of months now, and did such an amazing job capturing so much about their time in Ethiopia that I wrote to Heidi and asked if she would allow me to post links to each of her posts, and she graciously agreed.
They were fortunate enough to pass court before the two-trip requirement was effective, so our trips will be a little different from theirs. From what I understand, our first trip will be mostly sight-seeing, attending court and spending time with the baby for three, one-hour visits. The second trip, we'll be given the baby, so we'll just spend time bonding and attend our Embassy appointment to get the baby's visa to come home.
So, without further ado, here are the links I promised. Enjoy all of the pictures, videos and stories of their trip to Ethiopia!
- Day 1: Addis Ababa
- Day 2: The Road to Awassa
- Day 3: Awassa, Initiative Ethiopia and Boyone Kebele
- Days 4 - 6: Meeting our Sons
- Day 7: Care Center Visit
- Day 8: Embassy Appointment, a Sick Child and Some Pretty Impressive Shoulder Dancing
- Days 9-10: A Visit to the Hospital
- Day 11: Meeting their Birthmother, Oromo Countryside