I've also been focusing on the positives of this new development. Here are some thoughts from my "thought closet":
- We GET to go to Ethiopia twice! I realize this may not be a positive for a lot of people, but I've been getting really excited about going over there and experiencing everything I've been reading about. And now we get to do it twice! I LOVE that!
- We have plenty of time to save up for traveling twice. There are A LOT of people who are much closer to getting a referral than we are, and will have to scramble at the last minute to come up with the money to travel a) sooner than they expected; and b) a second time. And, not only do we have plenty of time to save, but we're blessed with two incomes that make saving not as painful as it might be if we were only doing this on one income.
- We GET to meet our baby earlier than expected. Of course, I haven't forgotten that we won't be able to bring him/her home with us as soon as we meet, but we'll now have extra time together than we wouldn't have had previously .
- We'll be able to get our shopping out of the way the first trip, and not have to lug home all of our purchases AND our baby gear in one trip.
- We'll probably get to stay in a nice hotel (instead of a guest house) the first trip, since we won't have the baby with us. I know, it's a bit shallow, but I'm trying to focus on ALL of the positives, no matter how small.
- We'll get to learn all about making the trip to Addis and back without a baby, so we'll hopefully be wiser and more prepared the second time around WITH the baby.